photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Friday, October 11, 2013

Chipotle Beer Shrimp Quesadillas


So, I started a challenge a couple of weeks ago, and set myself a goal of 100 miles by Halloween. Run, walk, bike, swim, crawl, whatever. Just need to get to 100 miles. I have been mostly 50/50ing it between running and biking. And though I have been slaving away at the gym every day after work, it just makes me think about food (more than I usually do, which is probably 90% of what consumes my brain). You can  probably bet that before I have even eaten breakfast, I am planning my lunch...and, well, you can guess the rest of my day. I e-mailed this recipe to my boyfriend around 9 in the morning, knowing I had all of the ingredients, but the cheese and guac. Simple stop to the store after 3ish miles of sprint intervals and we were ready to inhale the dinner I had been dreaming about for 10 hours. BTW. 54 miles down. 45 to go. Go me!

Chipotle Beer Shrimp Quesadillas

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 8 oz. + 2 tbsp. of your favorite beer (I used pumpkin Blue Moon)
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 lime, juiced and zested
  • 1 tbsp. adobo sauce (from canned chipotle in adobo)
  • 1 chipotle in adobo, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 4 8-inch tortillas
  • 6 oz. freshly grated monterey jack cheese
  • 4 greens onion, chopped
  • 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
  • 1/2 cup of your favorite guac, or use homemade
In a large ziplock bag, add shrimp, 8 oz. beer, garlic, lime juice and zest, adobo sauce, chipotle pepper, salt, and pepper. Let it marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.

Once the shrimp is done marinating, heat a skillet over medium heat and add in the shrimp as well as the remaining 2 tbsp. of beer. Cook shrimp until opaque, about 3-4 minutes.

Meanhwile, heat up a large griddle, skillet, or quesadilla maker. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place a tortilla down, then sprinkle a bit of cheese onto the tortilla. Top with cooked shrimp, sliced green onions, and quartered tomatoes.


Top with more cheese and a second tortilla. Cook until the tortilla turns golden brown on both sides and the cheese has melted. Repeat for the remaining 3 quesadillas. Serve warm and top with a healthy dollop of guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014