This recipe is a high protein fiber rich meal. Which means it will keep you fuller longer, and who doesn't want that? And mos tof us don't have hours after work to make a gourmet meal, so you are in luck becuase this recipe only takes about 30 minutes, and is great served immediately, or even the next day, so feel free to prep a day ahead of time.
Spicy Black Bean Kale Quinoa Salad
This makes a whole heck of a lot...so cut in half for a smaller salad.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 3-4 leaves kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cholula hot sauce
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tbsp. dried chili flakes
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 heaping tsp. honey
- pinch of cumin
Cook the quinoa according to instructions.
While the quinoa is cooking, add kale, black beans, corn, onions, and avocado into a bowl. Mix well.
Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
When the quinoa is done cooking, let cool in a bowl in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. When cool, add the quinoa to the kale mixture and combine. Add the dressing and mix really well for a minute or two. Let it sit in the fridge for another 5 minutes. Serve.