photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Friday, July 26, 2013

Bourbon Glazed Salmon


On a recent trip to the supermarket, I ran across an amazing special in their fresh seafood section. I picked up a large salmon filet for only $3.49. I was so excited to get it home, chop it up into individual servings and freeze them for future use. So far I have used one filet for my Salmon Kale Salad, but today I bring to you a manly version of salmon. This bourbon and brown sugar glaze really packs a kick, and I promise even the pickiest eaters will devour this bad boy! I served mine with a side of grilled veggies, but feel free to get creative!

Are you on instagram? Follow me @hotdogfoodblog

Bourbon Glazed Salmon

Ingredients:

  • 3 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 3 tbsp. bourbon
  • 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tsp. ground ginger (or use 2 tbsp. freshly ground ginger root)
  • 1 tbsp. lime juice
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 (6-oz) salmon filets
Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Add the fish to the bag; seal. Marinate and refrigerate 1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally. 

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish and marinade to pan; cook fish for 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Place 1 filet on each plate; drizzle each serving with 2 or so tsp. of the marinade from the pan. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014