photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Avocado Kale Power Smoothie



Well it's Tuesday. And while most of you are just starting your work week, I am on my 5th day of work, headed for 8 in a row before I can enjoy a weekend off. And let me tell you, I can't wait to spend it poolside with some refreshing cocktails. But today's recipe is a different kind of beverage. Filled with nutrient-rich banana, kale, and avocado, this smoothie kicks your body into high gear, keeping it full and keeping you satisfied for the better part of your morning. I am loving experimenting with kale in ways other than salad, and this may very well be one of my top 3 favorites!

Avocado Kale Smoothie

Ingredients:

  • 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
  • 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed 
  • 2 heaping cups of kale
  • 2 tbsp. flax seed
  • 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups almond milk
  • chia seeds for garnish

Dump all of the ingredients into your blender and mix until smooth. Garnish with chia seeds and enjoy! I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014