photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Friday, April 12, 2013

The Ultimate Sriracha Burger


Let me start off my just saying that #HDFB is 2 years old today! 2 years! I can't believe it. 2 years ago today I started this journey on my own, tracking my favorite recipes to save room in my pantry from excessive cookbooks and making it easier to just type in a keyword for recipes I wanted to refer to. Now, 2 years later I have a number of fans and followers, great friends who send me pictures of their culinary creations, and an amazing boyfriend who taste tests almost every single one of these recipes as I move forward trying bigger and better things. Thank you to everyone who has supported me along the way, whether you have read 1 recipe or 100 of my recipes, I appreciate every single one of you and can't wait to bring you more food and more fun as my kitchen and I keep fulfilling our wildest food dreams!

Today's recipe is The Ultimate Sriracha Burger. I bought The Sriracha Cookbook for my boyfriend and I recently because who doesn't love Sriracha, and more importantly, who doesn't love burgers. With minimal ingredients, it is easy to taste the quality of what ingredients we did use.

The Ultimate Sriracha Burger
Makes 4 burgers

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
  • 2 tbsp. soy sauce
  • 2 1/2 tbsp. Sriracha
  • 2 tsp. black pepper
  • 4 slices thick-cut bacon
  • 1 large sweet onion
  • 4 sesame seed buns
  • 4 slices swiss cheese
  • 1 large tomato
  • lettuce leafs (I used baby kale, but feel free to use arugula or romaine)

I large bowl combine the ground beef, soy sauce, Sriracha, and pepper. Do not over mix. Form the mixture into 4 patties, and set aside on parchment paper, covered in the fridge.

Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.

In a medium fry pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy and brown. While the bacon is cooking, quarter the onions. Cut each section into quarter-inch slices. Once the bacon has finished get nice and crispy, remove the bacon and drain onto paper towels. Cook the sliced onions in the remaining bacon fat over medium-low heat until they caramelize, about 20-25 minutes.

Grill the burgers, turning once, 4-4 1/2 minutes on each side for medium-rare.

Lightly toast the buns while the burgers are cooking and slice up your tomato during the last minute of cooking time.

To assemble the burgers; stack the burger patty, swiss cheese slice, bacon, caramelized onions, tomato slice, and a small handful of lettuce between two buns. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014