photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, April 15, 2013

Mango & Black Bean Quinoa Salad

I have been trying to get in shape; 1) for bikini season, and also 2) because I am running the Pat Tillman race this weekend. And even though 4.2 miles may not be a lot for some of you amazing marathoners out there, it is my Mt. Everest. I always feel dead at around the 3 mile mark, but as long as I can keep what I eat smart, and great sources of fuel I should be in good shape. With that said I made dinner for my boyfriend and I after our gym sessions and I could think of nothing better than a veggie full quinoa salad. Plus, it never hurts to sneak a sweet bit of mango in there. 

Mango & Black Bean Quinoa Salad

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup qooked quinoa (follow package directions)
  • 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
  • 1 mango, chopped
  • 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 small jalapeno, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • juice of freshly squeezed lime
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • 1/2 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl mix the quinoa, black beans, corn, mango, bell pepper, onions, and cilantro. 

In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and olive oil.

Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014