photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Peeps Rice Krispie Treats


The supermarket is now in what I like to call their Easter Hangover stage. Chocolate shaped bunnies, Cadbury Eggs, and Peeps are all on clearance as they get ready for the next holiday. I myself got my hands on some pink and purple Peeps this Easter (my guilty pleasure), but instead of scarfng down the whole box in one sitting, I decided to do something different this year, and make rice krispie treats, replacing your standard marshmallows with Peeps!



Peeps Rice Krispie Treats

Ingredients:

  • 35 Peeps
  • 3 tbsp. butter
  • 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal

Melt the butter in a large stock pot over medium heat, careful not to brown the butter. Add in the Peeps and let them melt into the butter.


Once the Peeps are melted, add in the Rice Krispie cereal, mixing well.

Pour the mixture into a buttered 9x13-inch dish. Let them settle and cool before cutting and serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014