photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Vegan Peanut Butter Cups



I am in NO way a vegan, or even a vegetarian for that matter. The truth is....I love meat. I love dairy. I love sweets. So when iPic theatres comes to your office and gives you a large basket of Butterfinger Bites, Crunch bars, and candied popcorn, it's hard not to divuldge into all of it. Thus feeling like a human version of a Butterfinger afterwards. But my good friend, and sorority sister, Elyza gave me her recipe for vegan peanut butter cups I was extrmely intrigued and had to try them for myself. Who's not intrigued by a healthier version of our favorite chocolate-y-peanut butter-y-treat? Plus there's only 4 ingredients!!!

Vegan Peanut Butter Cups

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 3-4 tbsp. raw cocoa powder
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract, agave necatr, or stevia to taste ( I used 2 tsp. vanilla, and 1 tsp. stevia for extra sweetness)
  • natural creamy peanut butter, I used Justin's brand from Sprouts

Mix the coconut oil, cocoa powder, and sweetener well.

Pour half of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of foil cupcake wrappers. Put them in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden.

Take them out of the freezer, spread with peanut butter; as much or as little as you like.


Cover with the remaining chocolate. Return to the freezer until totally solid. Enjoy! (And belive me, you will!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014