Vegetable Rice Skillet
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 can low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup whole corn kernels, drained
- 1 14.5-oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese blend
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, bell pepper, and onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase the heat and bring to a boil.
Add rice to skillet. Stir well and cover. Remove from heat and let stand for 7 minutes, or until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is soft. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.