photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chipotle Chicken Salad

It's a little over a week into the new year, and I have been busy as ever on my days off trying out new recipes, testing out my new bread maker, and I can't wait to put my new pasta machine to use. This recipe is something new for me, and has been given the stamp of approval by myself and my boyfriend. The chipotle chiles give the dressing a smoky flavor, and all of the fresh vegetables keep this light and healthy, while still filling you up at the dinner table. 

Chipotle Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

Dressing

  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2/3 cup light sour cream
  • 1 tbsp. minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce
  • 1 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 tsp. chile powder
  • 4 tsp. fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
Salad
  • 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
  • 2 cups chopped chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken
  • 1 cup cherry/grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 cup diced avocado
  • 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
  • 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (8 3/4-oz) can no-salt added whole-kernal corn, rinsed and drained
To prepare the dressing, combine all of the listed dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir well.

To prepare the salad, combine the lettuce and reamining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over the salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014