photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cowboy Quinoa Salad

I must take a minute to brag about how amazing my friends are. They have been extremely supportive of my "Hot Dog Food Blog", or #HDFB for short, and have been trying my recipes more and more. I don't know where I would be without their smiles and friendship, and I just thought everyone out there should know that this blog is a collaboration of their ideas, my love for food, and lots of hungry stomachs! 

With that said, this week I tried a twist on my usual quinoa salads and mixed it with my ever-so-popular Cowboy Caviar dip. Whether it is served as a side dish, or as the main course for a Meatless Monday, this is a great mix of protein and veggies, and a definite crowd pleaser.

Cowboy Quinoa Salad:

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 2 cups chicken broth, or water
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 jalapeno, minced
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1/2 bottle Italian salad dressing
Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium pot. Pour in the quinoa and bring the heat down to a simmer. Cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.

In a large serving bowl mix together all ingredients. Let chill in the refrigerator for an hour, or even overnight. Serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014