What's better than a mini bacon cheeseburger that fits on a toothpick and you can consume in one bite? Well, nothing really. These are such an adorable way to entertain for a summer party, and you don't have to use two hands to handle a big juicy burger. These have all the great toppings that make a burger so delicious, but in a minimized version. I have never seen food fly off of a tray so fast, and they are a great way to impress your guests with only a small amount of prep work.
Mini Bacon Cheeseburgers
(makes 24 mini burgers)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 6 slices cheese of your choice, cut into fourths
- 3 leaves of iceburg lettuce, cut into 2x1-inch strips
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked, and cut into thirds
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 6 small dinner rolls, cut in half and then in half again (each roll will result in 4 "mini buns")
Season ground beef with salt and pepper, then divide into 24 mini patties. Pre heat grill to medium heat while preparing the rest of the toppings.
On a toothpick, stick a tomato half on one end, then fold a lettuce strip in half and slide on against the tomato. Slide on a slice of bacon, followed by a slice of cheese. Repeat until you have 24 skewers with toppings.
Once grill is hot, lower heat to low and grill the mini burger patties, keeping a close eye on them becuase they will cook quickly.