photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mexican Cheesy Chicken Bake

Today's post continues on from my cooking experiences while I was in Boone, Iowa. I was so proud to have found the grocery store on my own (it was literally 2 blocks on a straight away street, but I get lost easily), and then back to the house I was staying at. I ended up buying groceries for 3 different recipes, and my total was 24 bucks....I couldn't believe it. I had to check my shopping cart to make sure I didn't forget to put something up on the counter to be scanned.

I ended up making my friends, Ashley & Mike, a chicken bake and jalapeno corn cheddar muffins, using fresh Iowa sweet corn (which is SO much better than the canned stuff you find in Arizona). Ashley described this dish as, "better than Chipotle", which I thought was a pretty good review!

Mexican Chicken Bake

Ingredients:

  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts; cooked and shredded
  • 4 cups cooked white rice
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 3/4 cup fresh sweet corn
  • 1 4-oz. can green chiles
  • 1/2 jalapeno, minced
  • 1 cup greek yogurt (could use sour cream if you wanted)
  • 1 cup shredded mexican cheese, plus more for topping
  • 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
Combine all of the ingredients except for the cilantro in a large bowl and mix very well, making sure to corporate all of the cheese and greek yogurt.

Spread mixture evenly in a 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle extra cheese on top. Bake at 375 degres for 20 minutes.

Sprinkle cilantro on top and serve.


This makes a lot of food, which is perfect for burritos the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014