Turkey & Black Bean Burgers
- 1.3 lbs. lean ground turkey
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. salsa
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 8 sandwich thins or bun of choice
- 8 slices cheese of choice
Corn & Avocado Salsa
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup corn kernals
- 1 small jalapeno, finsely chopped
- 2 tbps. fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of half a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat griddle or skillet to medium-high and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Add beans to large mixing bowl and mash them with a fork.
Add ground turkey, cilantro, salsa, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well with your hands. Divide the mixture in half in the bowl and form each half into 4 patties. You will have 8 patties total.
Cook the burgers on the grill, about 4-5 minutes on each side. When nearly done, add 1 slice of cheese to each patty and let melt.