Low Fat Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 8 (7-inch) reduced carb whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded low fat Mexican cheese
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup scallions and low-fat sour cream to top, if desired
Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the onions and garlic on low until soft. Add chicken, salt, cilantro, cumin, oregano, chili powder, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Spray a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Put 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll it.
Place on baking dish seam side down. Top with sauce. Top with cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven on the middle rach for 20-25 minutes. Top with low-fat sour cream or scallions if you wish.