photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, November 7, 2011

Enchilada Sauce

There are certain things when I am cooking that I take the shortcut and use the canned version. A perfect example is enchilada sauce. It is never bland, and is ready as fast as it takes me to open it up. However, I was trying out a Low-Fat Enchilada recipe this week, and it has a recipe for homemade enchilada sauce. There were very few ingredients and was ready in about 15 minutes. I gave it a shot, and I can honestly say that it had MORE flavor than the canned version, and I could control the amount of salt in the sauce. Double win in my household.

Homemade Enchilada Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1-2 tbsp. chipolte chiles in adobo sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 3/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
  • salt and pepper to taste
In a medium sauce pan, spray oil and saute the garlic. Add chipolte chilis, chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014