Some girlfriends of mine and I decided to host a night in, a slumber party if you will, complete with fattening cookies, cake balls, and of course yummy cocktails! While searching the food blogosphere I came across this gem of a treat, chocolate chip cookies, infused with creme de menthe chips and mint extract. To make them even more appealing, there is a bit of green food coloring to make them look like a DQ blizzard. Can't get much easier, or refreshing on a summer night.
Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 6 to 8 drops green food color
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creme de menthe baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.