photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, April 14, 2014

Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats


Did anyone else stay up refreshing every twitter, instagram, and news feed possible, in hopes of catching Lana Del Rey's live performance at Coachella last night? I think it's safe to say that my boyfriend is aware that I am more than just a super fan, and the fact that I will actually be seeing her play live here in Phoenix tomorrow night wasn't good enough. I needed a pre-concert teaser if you will. But until tomorrow night her new single will suffice. I better go now so I can learn every word in the next 24 hours. Until then I leave you with this recipe.

Easter is coming up, and what better treat to serve up for the kids (or the kid inside you!) than some good old fashioned Rice Krispie treats. Except these aren't your typical melt in your mouth, ooey, gooey, marshmallow treat. No. These are made with Lucky Charms cereal. And you know what that means? Double. Marshmallows. Can it get any better than that? Oh, and they're super fun and colorful to boot!


Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats

Ingredients:
  • 3 tbsp. butter
  • 1 bag small marshmallows
  • 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal


Prepare an 8x8-inch glass dish with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large stock pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted and smooth.


Turn off the heat and add in the Lucky Charms cereal. Mix well until the cereal is all covered in the marshmallows. Using a rubber spatula, pour the treat mixture into the prepared dish and press down firmly with the spatula. Let cool at room temperature, or place in the fridge until slightly hardened.

Use a knife or spatula to remove the treats from the baking dish. Cut into squares with a large knife. Keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

2 comments:

  1. When I was little and used to eat lucky charms I would eat all the crunchy pieces first and leave the marshmallows for the very end; I called it "saving the best for last." Not that original, but hey I was a kid ;) . Have so much fun at the concert tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky! We weren't allowed to eat sugar cereal as kids... So make up for it as an adult lol. Thanks! I cant wait. It's going to be incredible!

      Delete

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014