Thai Shrimp Ramen
- 2 packages ramen (discard or keep seasoning packets for another use)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, halved then thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 2 cups broth
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lb. raw wild caught shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped in half or thirds if extra large
- chopped peanuts for garnish
- chopped cilantro for garnish
In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the garlic, bell pepper, and onions. Saute until softened about 5 minutes. Add in the curry paste, paprika, and ginger. Stir to coat the veggies. In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter and half of the broth until well incorporated.
Increase heat to high and add in the coconut milk, broth mixture, remaining broth, sesame oil, coconut aminos, and lime juice. Bring the soup to a boil and then add in the ramen noodles. Cook for about 6 minutes before adding in the shrimp.
Cook for another 2 minutes until the noodles are soft and the shrimp is cooked through. Serve hot and garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro.