photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Spring Garden Angel Hair Pasta


Let's get real for a second. We all know that the Easter ham is a staple. Just like corned beef on St. Patrick's day, hot dogs on 4th of July, or, you know, wine after a rough day. Except in my house. It's not a secret that I myself am a outspoken ham hater (I just can't with the texture), and my family has well-adapted over the years and has come to serve anything but ham for me(spoiled much?). You will usually see tri-tip or brisket being served, but this year things are changing. Don't tell my husband (a ham-lover), but ham will be served in addition to red meat this Easter Sunday (blasphemy if you ask me) as a guft by my mother...sorry for all of the parenthesis today. But in case you are a ham-hater like me, or just looking to switch things up for your Easter weekend, may I suggest to you this fresh, garden angel hair pasta. All of the flavors work so perfectly together, and are only embellished by a glass of crispy white wine. 



Spring Garden Angel Hair Pasta

Ingredients:
  • 1 small zucchini squash, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped asparagus
  • 1/3 cup peas
  • 1/3 cup korn kernels
  • 1 orange or yellow tomato, finely diced
  • angel hair pasta
  • 4 oz. soft goat cheese, crumbled
  • 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tbsp. freshly sliced basil leaves
  • salt and pepper to taste

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the noodles and begin to cook, about 3 minutes. Add in the zucchini, asparagus, peas, corn, and pasta noodles. Continue to cook until the pasta noodles are soft. 

Meanwhile add the tomato, lemon zest, 1/2 of the crumbled goat cheese, 1 tbsp. olive oil. and basil in a large bowl.

Drain the pasta and vegetables, reserving 1/2 cup of liquid. Add the drained pasta to the bowl with the tomatoes. Toss to combine and allow the goat cheese to melt. Add in the remaining olive oil and goat cheese, then serve hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014