photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Paleo Mushroom Soup


I've gone back to basics today. With all of the options in the food world today, sometimes it's nice to go the simple route. Don't get me wrong, I love a complex, 20-ingredient recipe, it's like a puzzle for me. But this week I'm sharing with you what I've been eating for the past few days based on the paleo "cleanse" I am doing. Anything to fit in that wedding dress! This simple soup makes for a great side dish. I served along baked chicken and veggies for a nutrient-packed dinner. 



Paleo Mushroom Soup

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 12-oz. mushrooms, roughly chopped
  • 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 5 cups vegetable or beef broth
  • 3/4 cup coconut milk
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and once hot add in the shallot and garlic. Stir, cooking until softened and fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add in the chopped mushrooms, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook until he mushrooms begin to absorb all of the flavors of the shallot and garlic, 5-6 minutes.

Add in the broth and the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until reduced slightly, about 20 minutes. 


**Option to blend your soup until creamy (I prefer mine smooth and silky), or leaving it as it with whole pieces of mushrooms in the soup. Serve hot as a side dish, or perfect for a lunch time meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014