photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Rainbow Veggie Noodle Bowls


If you haven't joined in on the spiralizer bandwagon yet, I suggest you do so before attempting tonight's meal. I'm officially a veggie "noodle" fanatic, and have even gotten my fiance to join in on the fun. He went from, "That's it? Where's the rest of the meal?" to "Mmmmmmm, delicious". I love being able to use all different kinds of vegetables to bring out different colors and flavors. The vitamins and slimmer waistline are just an added bonus. The fact that our wedding in only 5 months away is sneaking up on us surprisingly fast. So anything I can do to feel confident in that dress is what I am willing to do. And eating veggie noodles is not a sacrifice to me, but a win-win. I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times; You have to eat, so why not eat good food, right?!


Rainbow Veggie Noodle Bowls

Ingredients:
  • 1 red beet, ends trimmed and peeled
  • 1 sweet potato, ends trimmed and peeled
  • 1 zucchini, ends trimmed
  • 3 large carrots, ends trimmed and peeled
  • 1 tbsp. bacon fat*
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • basil for garnish
Run the beet, sweet potato, zucchini, and carrots through a vegetable spiralizer to create noodles.

Heat the bacon fat and olive oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add the "noodles" to the hot pan and cook, tossing often, until the veggies have softened slightly, about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve with torn basil as garnish.


*I use bacon fat for added flavor, but feel free to substitute it out for any type of oil you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014