photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Friday, June 5, 2015

Spinach and Kale Greek Yogurt Dip: Trader Joe's Copycat


I am no stranger to my local Trader Joe's market. I can often be found buying their chicken jalapeno sausages, pretzel bagels, and their vast assortment of flavored yogurts. And don't even get me started on their dessert aisle. helppppp!!!!! But I was only recently introduced to their incredibly sinful Spinach and Kale Greek Yogurt Dip {thanks Ashley!}. After raving about how she basically ate the entire tub in one sitting, this coming from a girl who has Oreos and Whoopie Pies for breakfast (and still maintains a svelt frame), I had to see for myself what was so good about this mixture of greek yogurt and veggies. You wouldn't have even known that I purchased it if it weren't for the proof of the purchase on my credit card, it was gone so fast. I chopped up some carrot sticks, sliced up some belle peppers, and pulled out our family-sized bags of tortillas chips. That dip didn't stand a chance. Before I tossed out the evidence container I took a picture of the list of ingredients, and set out to make my own copycat version. And just like that, here it is. No frills, no special ingredients. Just wholesome goodness. In hopes of keeping the Trader Joe's checkout line from knowing me by name, I'll be making this dip at home as much as possible! 

Spinach and Kale Greek Yogurt Dip

Ingredients:
  • 1 17-oz. container of plain Greek yogurt (about 2 cups)
  • 3 tbsp. olive oil mayonnaise
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
  • 1 cup finely chopped kale
  • 1 cup finely chopped spinach
  • 1 tbsp. honey
  • 1/4 tsp. dill
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
  • pinch of red pepper flakes
  • salt and pepper to taste

In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in an airtight container in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.


Serve with your favorite veggies, chips, or crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014