photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Refreshing Elderflower Soda


It's about time I tell you about my favorite way to beat the heat this summer. And it calls for one of my top-3 favorite flavors, Elderflower. If I find an item on a menu that includes elderflower, you better believe that I am gonna order it. Something about its fruit-forward yet light and airy notes takes me beach front with the wind in my hair and the water at my toes. Instead of facing reality that I am sitting 2 inches away from the stand fan on the floor of my room, waiting to cool off enough to apply my make-up for the day. I found a bottle of elderflower cordial at my local Cost Plus World Market for $8, and I'm never looking back. This sweet treat and refreshing drink can be served kid-friendly, or jazz it up with a splash of gin for an adult beverage!



Elderflower Soda

Ingredients:
  • 3 tbsp. Elderflower cordial
  • 2 cups club soda
  • ice
  • mint or basil for garnish
In a cocktail shaker or large mason jar, mix together the Elderflower and the club soda, carefully, otherwise the club soda will explode and you will lose half of it (I personally learned this from experience).


Pour over ice and garnish with fresh herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014