Spicy Chicken Avocado Enchiladas
White Enchilada Sauce:
- 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped or shredded
- 1 cup shredded white or mexican cheese, separated
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large avocado, seeded and chopped
- 8 flour tortillas
Slowly whisk in the broth in a steady stream. Add in the cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and add in the cilantro, green chiles, and sour cream or yogurt. Remove the sauce from the heat.
Add 1/2 cup opf the enchilada sauce to the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, onion, avocado, and 1/2 of the cheese. Place about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side down in the casserole dish.
Top with the remaining sauce and the rest of the cheese. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot with cilantro as garnish.