photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, March 30, 2015

Sage and Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin


If there is any proof needed in this world that bacon will get me to eat anything, this is the only proof that you will need. I am a snob when it comes to pork, and unless it's bacon I'm not getting near it. Ham; nope. Pork Chops; gross. Pork Tenderloin; {insert shoulder shrug}. My fiance on the other hand loves all of these previously mentioned things. I try to do all things in my power to make him happy, so I found myself a hormone- and antibiotic-free, 100%-vegetarian diet pork roast from Niman Ranch. I figured if If I'm going to eat something that I despise, then I better make sure it's the best cut I can find. In the end, after trying to figure out how to tell if pork is done or not (slightly pink in the center) I actually enjoyed the cut and the flavor. I deem this the perfect main dish for the upcoming Easter holiday. I can just picture it now alongside mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, green beans, and carrot cake. 


Sage and Bacon-Wrapper Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 pork tenderloin (1.5 lb. should feed 4 people)
  • 8-10 fresh sage leaves
  • 4-6 slices of bacon (depends on the length and girth of your tenderloin)
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. 

Meanwhile, pat your tenderloin down with a paper towel to dry it off a bit. Layer the sage leaves across one side of the tenderloin. Then take your bacon and wrap it around the entire length of the tenderloin, securing it with toothpicks as needed. 

Heat your oil in a cast iron or large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is fairly hot, add the wrapped tenderloin to the hot skillet. Sear on all sides, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Then move the skillet to the oven to finish cooking. Bake for another 20-30 minutes until the internal temperature of the tenderloin reaches 145 degrees F.

Remove from the oven and tent with foil, allowing it to rest for 10 minutes. Slice the tenderloin into 1/2-inch thick slices and serve warm. 


1 comment:

  1. Awesome recipe! I'm a steak lover, especially the ones with bacon.. haha :) - Holycow yang asli

    ReplyDelete

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014