photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, March 19, 2015

HDFB Week in Photos: Grand Canyon Edition

Though I mostly come here to talk about my obsession with food, and the occasional weekend update; today I wanted to share with you some pictures from my day trip to the Grand Canyon. I have only been the canyon once in my life, and I was about 10 years old, on a road trip with my family. You can guess how interested I was in a large hole in the ground About as interested as a carnivore is into vegetables. But with age has come more respect for nature and beauty, and I was fortunate enough to take a day trip with Westwind Air Service on their Grand Canyon Signature Tour, which included a scenic flight over the Valley of the Sun, Sedona, Flagstaff, Mount Humphreys, and ended with 30 minutes of exclusive views of the South Rim of the canyon, which is 7,000 feet above sea level by the way! There is no better way to see these views form in the sky. Once we landed at the Grand Canyon Airport, we took a Pink Jeep Tour through the Grand Canyon National Park, stopping off at various scenic overlooks, and learning how the Canyon came to be. After 3 hours discovering all that the park had to offer, we headed back to the airport for a quick hour flight back to the valley. My pictures will not do justice, so if you are ever in the area, be sure to check it our for yourself. Breathtaking views and moments of serenity are to be had at this natural wonder of the world.

Our 10-passenger Cesna Plane 

 Overlooking one of my favorite places in Arizona, Sedona.

Mount Humphreys Peak: the highest mountain in Arizona.

Now approaching the Grand Canyon. 

Dead. 


Small remnants of winter at the canyon. 


One of my favorite pictures of the day.

Basically the end of the Earth.

Doesn't it look like I'm standing in front of a green screen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014