photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Ditalini Macaroni Salad


Do you have that one favorite meal that you grew up eating, and it it just takes you back to perfect childhood memories every single time you have it? This is that recipe for me. I don't think words can describe how excited I am to share this recipe with you all. While it may only look like a simple macaroni salad recipe, that's where you would be wrong. This is the copycat recipe of my all-time favorite macaroni salad recipe that I have been snacking on since I was a kid. One of my parent's best friend's has been making this macaroni salad ever since I can remember. Any get together of any kind, you could expect to see this bad boy make an appearance. And while I have been begging her for the recipe for years, I have never been able to get my hands on it. So this is my best attempt at creating a copycat recipe of her infamous side dish. This recipe feeds a large crowd, I mean LARGE. So if you don't need enough pasta salad to feed 30 people, I suggest cutting it in half, but why would you only want half?

Ditalini Macaroni Salad

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs. ditalini pasta, cooked and cooled
  • 15-oz. jar of mayo
  • 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
  • 3 carrots, shredded
  • 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
  • 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 4-oz. can chopped black olives
  • salt and pepper to taste
In the largest bowl you have, mix together the cooked pasta, mayo, mustard, shredded carrots, chopped celery, chopped onion, olives, salt, and pepper. Mix well and chill in the fridge, covered, until completely chilled through. 

Serve cold.

1 comment:

  1. I’ve been trying to work out what to feed everyone (including vegans!) at a summer picnic and this looks perfect! Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014