photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pineapple Chicken Quinoa "Fried Rice"


I'm currently writing this intro as I sit here on my couch in my favorite college sweatpants, sipping whisky, and watching The Bachelor with my fiance. I've got all I need. My man and my blog. Oh, and Chris Harrison's cheesy one liners. The bachelor and his girlfriend-of-the-minute are currently on a date at Costco, which they do not consider a date. I'm pretty sure on my list of favorite things, Costco is on the list. I would happily go on a date there anytime. It's exclusive to members only and it has unlimited appetizers. Sorry I'm not sorry. Anyways, maybe the whisky is starting to hit me, because I just wrote a paragraph about The Bachelor and Costco. Please don't stop reading. To reward you for reading that random runaway string of thoughts, I present you this take on "fried" rice. As you can tell by the title, I substituted quinoa for the rice, and basically threw in everything that I could find in my fridge. So feel free to do the same thing yourself.



Pineapple Chicken Quinoa "Fried Rice"

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1-2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 1/4 onion, chopped
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp. fresh knob ginger, peeled and minced
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup shelled edamame
  • 1/2 cup cooked and chopped chicken
  • 1/2 cup pineapple, chopped
  • 2 eggs, scrambled
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
  • 2 1/2 tsp. coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
  • 1/2 tsp. sesame oil

Heat 1/2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add carrots & onion, season with salt and pepper, cooking for 5 minutes. Add in 2/3 of the green onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook for another 2 minutes.

Add in the rest of the olive oil, the quinoa, edamame, chicken, and pineapple. Stir to combine, then add in the teriyaki sauce, coconut aminos, and sesame oil. Stir again before creating a well in the middle of the pan.

Add in the scrambled eggs and cook, stirring well until cooked through. Top with the remaining green onions and serve hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014