One-Pot Pasta Primavera...with Chicken
- 4 cups homemade vegetable broth
- 8 oz. linguine, uncooked
- 1/2 onion, halved then thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florts, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large carrot, halved lengthwise, then chopped
- 2/3 cup brussels sprouts, stems removed and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
Bring the mixture to a boil. Once the broth comes to a boil, reduce heat to a medium boil, and toss continuously for 7 minutes.
The liquid will slightly absorb into the pasta and veggies, but not completely. Add in the cream, parsley, lemon zest, and parmesan. Continue to simmer, tossing frequently for another 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and allow to sit for a minute or two, allowing the pasta to cool and the liquid to absorb a bit more.