photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Sunday, December 28, 2014

HDFB Weekend Recap: Christmas in Connecticut

Can you believe Christmas has already came and went? The holidays always seem to fly by so quickly, but I somehow manage to take it all in and enjoy every possible second of them that I can. This year, for the first time ever, I celebrated Christmas away from my immediate family and celebrated the holidays with my fiance and his family in Connecticut, my future in-laws if you will. I finally met his little sister, which only took almost 2 1/2 years, but was worth the wait! We spent the week eating, drinking, and listening to his family tell adorable stories about Andrew growing up. Oh, and eating some more. On Christmas Eve we devoured homemade soups and wine with some family friends. Christmas morning was spent enjoying homemade cinnamon rolls, drinking coffee, and opening endless gifts. On our last day of our trip, we headed to New York City to see the tree in Rockafeller Center, window shop, and of course, eat. I loved celebrating new traditions with my family-to-be and it wouldn't be a HDFB recap without some photos!

Gingerbread Whoopie Pies from my future sister-in-law Rachel

The beautiful stone covered fireplace, finished just in time for our visit!

Impromptu photo shoot at the beach on Christmas

The ladies!

Rachel's new selfie stick really came in handy for group photos in NYC!

At the infamous Rockafeller Christmas tree

NYC skyline made from gingerbread at Bouchon Bakery

Strolling through The New York Public Library before heading back to AZ

2 comments:

  1. Ok I'm loving all these pictures!! So excited for your engagement and so happy for the two of you!! I feel like Christmas on the East coast when it's like, really cold and maybe even snow would be such a fun experience!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carissa! It was beautiful! Hope you had a nice holiday with your family. Fingers crossed for a white Christmas next time!

      Delete

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014