With the holidays fast approaching, it seems like everyone is in a rush to get everything done. After work, there's barely enough time for the gym and gift shopping, let alone cooking a gourmet meal each night. This chowder is the answer to your schedule-packed prayers. From preparation to on the dinner table in just under 30 minutes, you can make sure that you are eating good, healthy, homemade meals, but in a fraction of the time. You can even make a batch of this and freeze it for future consumption! Hassle free and delicious. My kinda meal right there.
Green Chile Chicken Corn Chowder
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large jalapeno, minced (remove ribs and seeds for less heat)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 hatch green chiles, stems removed and chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14.5-oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-oz. can corn, drained
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- whole milk greek yogurt for topping
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and cook until beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Add in the garlic, jalapeno, green bell pepper, green chiles and cook again until soft, another 3 minutes or so.
Add in the chicken broth, the diced chicken, beans, and corn. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Just before serving add in the chopped cilantro and half of the shredded cheese. Stir well until the cheese melts into the chowder.
Serve the chowder in bowls, topped with more shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.