photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, December 22, 2014

Gingerbread Muffins


It's the last week for all of us food bloggers to simultaneously shove as many holiday recipes in your face as we can until the holidays are over. This post, my friends, is no exception. First of all, I just can't get enough ginger in my life. I put at least an inch into every juice I make in my juicer, and you will never find any leftover ginger on my plate when we go out to grab sushi. I love the spice that only a truly good ginger treat can deliver. These muffins are the perfect pairing of sweet and spicy. And may I suggest doubling or even tripling the recipe? My fiance (still can't get over how much I love using this phrase) and I ate a dozen in 2 days. Not mad about it. Not even a little bit. 



Gingerbread Muffins
Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/3 cup dark molasses
  • 1 egg, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup plain whole milk greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • gold sprinkles for garnish

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups. 

In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, maple syrup, yogurt, milk, and ginger. Whisk in the coconut oil and molasses until combined, and the batter takes on a golden brown sugar.

Add in the flours, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, mixing until just combined. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and top the battered cups with the sprinkles. Bake in the oven for 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


Recipe inspired by Pinch of Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014