photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Friday, August 1, 2014

Blueberry Pecan Chia Seed Pudding


We all know how much I love my juicer, and I usually drink a juice of some size shape or form for breakfast every morning. My favorites include my Skinny Jeans juice and this Mango Carrot juice. But sometimes I need a little more sustenance to make it until noon without a morning snack at the office. This right here is the answer to all of my breakfast prayers. The coconut milk has a mildly sweet taste, combined with some fresh fruit, and the crunch form the pecans, this is a win/win for me. I stay full and my sweet/salty tooth is satisfied through out the morning. Plus, this is so easy to throw together. Just whisk together and set in the fridge overnight. When you wake up, wa-la! Breakfast is served!


Blueberry Pecan Chia Seed Pudding

Ingredients:
  • 1 15-oz. can full fat coconut milk
  • 1/3 cup chia seeds
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
  • 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
  • handful of chopped pecans
  • shredded or flaked coconut for garnish
In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla, and coconut sugar. Cover tightly and let sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours, but I find it best when you let it sit overnight.

When ready to serve, place 2 spoonfuls int he bottom of a jar. Sprinkle a small handful of blueberries, then top with another 2 spoonfuls of chia seed pudding. Top with more blueberries, some chopped pecans, and sprinkle with some shredded or flaked coconut. Serve cold. 

1 comment:

  1. This belongs on Pinterest. I'm gonna pin this picture and make you Pinterest famous (I actually don't really have that kind of power, but I'll try)

    ReplyDelete

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014