- Did you know that Americans consume around 150 million hot dogs every year at the 4th of July?
- The most popular topping among adults is mustard at 86.7% (mustard > ketchup. duh)
- Hot dogs were the first food eaten on the moon, and is a NASA approved item on regular Apollo moon flights, Skylab missions, and space shuttle flights.
- The average American eats 50 hot dogs every year
- The world's longest hot dog was 1,996 feet long, in honor of the 1996 Olympic Games
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
National Hot Dog Day
What would National Hot Day be without a little post from me? I went back and forth on what to write about today, and then it hit me. Who doesn't want some fun-albeit-useless hot dog facts? I know I'll be enjoying a Chicago Dog (or two) today!