photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Goat Cheese Toast with Sweet Cherries


Remember that time that a younger version of myself hated cheese? And by younger I mean ages 3-25. And by hated I mean that I scraped it off of my pizza and gave it to my brother. Made my mom make a special section of lasagna with no cheese on it. And don't even get me started on Mexican food. I grew up in the southwest for goodness sake. Asking for food without cheese was like a sin. But now! Oh, but now! I can't get enough. Probably why my jeans are so tight these days. But it's just so good! I'm still averted to certain things, mainly cheese on my hamburger, but maybe one day I'll get there. Goat cheese though. I could eat by the truck load. Usually I enjoy it in savory dishes, but as I drove home from the farmer's market with fresh sweet cherries, a loaf of sourdough bread, and some goat cheese, I knew this was a match made in heaven. Top it with some honey and we have a gold mine!



Goat Cheese Toast with Cherries and Honey

Ingredients:
  • 1 loaf sourdough bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
  • 1 log plain goat cheese, room temperature
  • 2 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted and chopped
  • honey for drizzle
Toast the sourdough until golden brown then quickly and generously smear some goat cheese on top so it gets nice and soft. Top with some chopped cherries and drizzle honey on top. Scarf it down and try to only have one. Bet you can't do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014