photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Friday, April 11, 2014

Bourbon BBQ Shredded Beef


Yesterday I gave you an insight to my never ending search for a great BBQ joint in town. Which then resulted in me making my own at home. I used the Bourbon BBQ Sauce to cover and cook this shredded beef in. And I love that the recipe only has a few ingredients (assuming that you already made the BBQ sauce and that you operate a standard kitchen with salt and pepper). After cooking my roast on low and slow all day, I was searching for some inspiration when I atempted to photograph it. As I looked around my kitchen I saw my roommate's pots all lined up on the dining room table. It's not what it sounds like, but boy do we love giving her a hard time with the "pot" references. She recently took to making homemade gilded gold-leaf pots. She even has her own etsy shop! They are so adorable, and if you agree with me, then you should go to her site and take a look at the rest of her work!


Bourbon BBQ Shredded Beef

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 lb. brisket or other quality cut of meat
  • 1 tbsp. coconut oil
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 batch Bourbon BBQ Suace
In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of the meat and sear the meat on both sides for about 3 minutes on each side. 

Place cut onions into the bottom of a crockpot. Add the seared roast and top with the batch of BBQ sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the meat if tender and easily shreds with a fork.

Serve hot.


Original Recipe from So Let's Hang Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014