photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Braised Short Rib Grilled Cheese


I went on a photo shooting spree with this recipe so forgive me in advance, but it was just too delicious not to document from all angles! I shared with you all my Braised Short Rib recipe that I served up for Valentine's Day this year. And now I share with you what I did with the leftovers. And trust me. This is worth saving some leftovers for. It is the fanciest grilled cheese I've ever had, yet so simple to assemble! The cheese melts perfectly around the short rib, and I am convinced that sharp white cheddar and short rib are a match made in heaven. 


Braised Short Rib Grilled Cheese

Ingredients:
  • leftover braised short ribs, shredded
  • 4 slices sharp cheddar (I used Kraft singles)
  • 4 slices sharp white cheddar (I used Cracker Barrell brand)
  • 4 slices multi-grain toast
  • 1 tbsp. unsalted butter

Preheat large skillet by melting 1 tbsp. butter over medium heat. Then lower to medium-low.

Meanwhile, begin to build your sandwich. Place 2 slices sharp cheddar on the bottom piece of bread. Top with some of the shredded short rib, then top with 2 slices of the sharp white cheddar, and the second piece of bread.

Place onto the buttered skillet and cook until the cheese begins to melt and bread begins to turn toasty brown. Flip over and continue to cook until the second side is golden. I like mine to be on the side of burnt, but that's just me. Repeat with the second grilled cheese.


Cut the sandwiches in half and serve hot. Try not to steal the second sandwich from your friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014