photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, February 17, 2014

Greek Yogurt Guacamole


I'm sure after the Valentine's influx of chocolate and candy, the last recipe you all want to see is another dessert. So today I bring you a healthy snack. I'm not usually a fan of store bought or pre-made food. Duh. I run a food blog. But there are some things that I just can't beat. Like, I can't ever seem to re-create delicious tortilla chips without over or under cooking them. And since I don't own an ice cream machine, and even if I did, I wouldn't have the patience that it takes to wait for it to make the damn ice cream. So I buy all of the incredible flavors at the store, and then I can have it within minutes. But there are some things, that I in fact can re-create, but with my own HDFB flair on it. One of those things is the Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Guacamole. It's made with greek yogurt and avocados. And it is ridiculously creamy and delicious and exactly as it states, guilt-free.


Reduced Fat Greek Yogurt Guacamole

Ingredients:
  • 2 haas avocados
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 green onions, use only the whites and light green parts
  • 1/2 jalapeno, minced (remove the seeds for less heat)
  • 1 tbsp. chopped green bell pepper
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 large spoonfuls of greek yogurt
Mash all of the ingredients together. Mash more or less depending on the texture that you prefer. Serve cold with tortilla chips or vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014