photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Double Chocolate Banana Muffins


One of my favorite things growing up was seeing bananas on the counter go uneaten. It's not like it sounds though. That would just be crazy. But I hate to waste. Let me repeat myself. Hate. To. Waste. I'm sure I probably drive my boyfriend crazy because I will find a use for everything! Vegetable trimmings for broth. Dryer sheets for dusting. I could go on and on. Anyways. Once the bananas would reach the point of no return, AKA: black mushy messes, my mom would make the most divine banana bread. Now I find myself experimenting with new ways to use those overripe gems. These healthy muffins were an experiment gone right, since I made it up with what I had on hand at home. AKA too lazy to go to the store. Plus, did I mention that these are a great treat for the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday?!


Double Chocolate Banana Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup truvia (or 1 cup granulated sugar)
  • 2-3 overripe, black-spotted bananas
  • 1 egg, room temperature
  • 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a muffin tin with muffin/cupcake liners.

In a blender or food processor, blend the flour, oats, and cocoa powder together. Once well blended, move the mixture to a small bowl. 

Add in the salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well.

In a large bowl mash together the bananas, egg, greek yogurt, and truvia/sugar. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet. Mixing well between each addition.

Fold in the chocolate chips. Fill the cupcake tin 2/3 full and bake for 20-24 minutes depending on your oven. Once a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, they are done.


Thanks boyfriend for being my food model!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014