photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Introducing: Juicing


So, I have contemplated for a couple of weeks now whether or not to post about my adventures in juicing. I know that not a lot of people have access to a juicer, so that could turn some of you away. But at the same time, I am in love. And I want to share that love with the world. Or at least those of you who are reading this. 

My boyfriend got a thousand gold stars for gifting me a juicer (Breville Juice Extractor Elite) of my very own for Christmas this year. And I have been putting some good hours in on that bad boy. I have searched the Pinterest blogosphere for every and any juicing recipes I can find, however; I have found that I enjoy making up my own concoctions better! I've been playing around with flavors, and I finally created one that I wanted to share with you. 

This mixture of sweet potato, carrot, green apple, and ginger is simple, sweet, and incredibly crave-able. Juicing allows you to take in more vitamins and nutrients than you would be able to physically chew sitting at the dining room table. Think about trying to eat a whole sweet potato, 2 large green apples, 4 carrots, and some ginger in one sitting. Your jaw would be pretty mad at you. But juicing allows you to get all of those fruits and veggies in one serving, which fills you up, helps make your skin glow, hydrates you, and gives you tons of energy! Now I am in no means going on a juice cleanse or diet (diet is like a curse word to me, no thank you), but I simply add juices to my daily routine, which helps me to make healthier choices through my day.


Sweet Potato Juice:

Ingredients:

  • 1 large sweet potato
  • 2 large green apples
  • 4 large carrots
  • 1/2-inch piece of ginger root
Wash all fruits and veggies well before you juice. Follow the instructions according to your juicer for preparation, speed, what order to juice these, etc. 

Serve the juice immediately to obtain maximum nutrients before the juice starts to oxidize. Oxidation occurs when you break open the cell wall of a fruit or vegetable. For example, when you cut open an apple and it begins to turn brown. Do you have any yummy juices you love to make? Send 'em to me! I'd love to feature them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014