photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Turkey Bacon Avocado Ranch Pizza


That's a whole lot of flavor in one pizza. But I did it. It's been done. After the massive Thanksgiving feast at my house, I froze some turkey meat, so that when I finally came out of my Thanksgiving coma, and began to crave turkey again, I would not be disappointed. Plus, my family made two 15-pound turkeys for 6 people. You do the math. Anyways, I found the perfect recipe to combine the leftover bird, some bacon and avocado I had in my fridge, and the remainder of my gluten-free pizza dough mix. That makes up for the 6 slices of bacon I topped the pizza with, right?

Turkey Bacon Avocado Ranch Pizza

Ingredients:
  • 1 ball of pizza dough
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 10 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup leftover turkey, shredded
  • 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
Avocado Ranch
  • 1/2 large ripe avocados
  • 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 1 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
  • 1 tbsp. freshly chopped dill (or 1 tsp. dried)
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 tsp. white vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp. paprika
  • 1/4 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the rolled out dough onto a baking sheet and pierce with a fork all over. Drizzle some olive oil and Italian seasoning on top. Cook for 10 minutes, then remove and top with 3/4 of the mozzarella. Spread the turkey and the bacon all over the pizza, then top with the remaining cheese. 

Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Remove and drizzle the avocado ranch all over before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014