photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, August 19, 2013

Mango Jalapeno Margarita


I want to start today's post off with a small bragging sesh. Last week at work, Williams Sonoma held their annual convention at my hotel, and when they finished, they left behind all of their goodies for the employees to snag. Anything we could carry on our body, we could have. Needless to say I got A LOT of amazing stuff, as the competitiveness in me came out in full force. Here's a little sneak peek at my loot!

In other news, my boyfriend has been working for like 9 or 10 days in a row. It's been so long I;m starting to loose count, but I wanted to treat him with something fun after he got off. Since mangoes are in season, and we love Cruz tequila, I decided to use some of the simple syrup I got in the work sale, and made a sweet and spicy marg!



PS... don't forget to follow me on instagram here: hotdogfoodblog
And like my facebook page here: Hot Dog Food Blog fan page



Mango Jalapeno Margarita

Ingredients:

  • 2 oz. grand Marnier
  • 1 1/2 oz. jalapeno infused tequila
  • 2 oz. lime juice
  • 2 1/2 oz. simple syrup
  • 1/2 mango, peeled, and chopped
  • 2 jalapeno pepper, seeded, and sliced
  • lime wedges
For jalapeno infused tequila, take 2 slices of jalapeno and let them sit in 1 1/2 oz. of tequila in an airtight container for 24 hours. Strain before using. 

In a blender, combine simple syrup (1 cup water & 1 cup sugar boiled until sugar dissolves, or use store bought) and the mango. Blend until smooth.

To make the margaritas, fill your glasses with ice. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, grand marnier, simple syrup, and lime juice. Shake for 30 seconds. Pour over ice and top with lime wedges. Feel free to also garnish them with your jalapeno slices from the infused tequila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014