Tuscan Kale Salad
- 1 head of kale, shredded into thin slices
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used a slice of my homemade whole grain bread)
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup pecorino romano cheese
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
Trim the kale to remove the large stems that run through the middle. Slice the kale into 1/2 inch ribbons. Place the kale into a large bowl.
Toast the bread until golden on both sides. Pulse it in a food processor until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
Mince the garlic and 1/4 tsp. salt into a paste. Transfer the garlic to a small bowl. Add 1/3 cup cheese, 3 tbsp. oil, lemon juice and zest, a pinch of salt, and pepper flakes. Whisk to combine.
Pour the dressing over the kale and toss well to combine. Let the salad sit for 5 minutes, or up to an hour before serving. Serve topped with breadcrumbs, additional cheese, and a drizzle of oil.