photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Monday, May 27, 2013

Pineapple Crush Smoothie


I am always looking for ways to spruce up my breakfast and my post-workout meals. Though egg and veggie omelets are delicious, sometimes I just crave the sweetness of a smoothie. However, I can never bring myself to buy one when I am out, because I never know what is actually in there, or they use sherbert as a base (ummmm, ew). I stopped in the greocery store after a recent butt-kicking Zumba class and picked up a pineapple, oranges, a mango, and bananas. Blend those tropical fruits with a little almond milk and some flax seed, and voila!! Smoothie!

Pineapple Crush Smoothie

Ingredients:
  • 1 banana, broken into pieces
  • 1/2 navel orange, peel removed
  • 1 mango, peeled and pitted
  • 1 cup pineapple chunks (I cut a fresh pineapple, but feel free to use canned)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 tbsp. ground flax seed
Put all of the listed ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth! Makes 2 servings, so feel free to serve 1/2 for the following day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014