I am always looking for ways to spruce up my breakfast and my post-workout meals. Though egg and veggie omelets are delicious, sometimes I just crave the sweetness of a smoothie. However, I can never bring myself to buy one when I am out, because I never know what is actually in there, or they use sherbert as a base (ummmm, ew). I stopped in the greocery store after a recent butt-kicking Zumba class and picked up a pineapple, oranges, a mango, and bananas. Blend those tropical fruits with a little almond milk and some flax seed, and voila!! Smoothie!
Pineapple Crush Smoothie
- 1 banana, broken into pieces
- 1/2 navel orange, peel removed
- 1 mango, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (I cut a fresh pineapple, but feel free to use canned)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed
Put all of the listed ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth! Makes 2 servings, so feel free to serve 1/2 for the following day.