photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Strawberry Avocado Balsamic Kale Salad

I stopped at my local Sprouts Farmer's Market on my way home from the gym yesterday, and since I was cruising on my runner's high, I decided to skip the processed aisle, and headed straight for the fresh produce section. I grabbed a bunch of kale, a carton of strawberries, and an avocado. In 5 minutes I had a great salad; the slight crunch from the kale, the sweetness from the berries, and the creaminess of the avocado. I was in heaven. Toss with a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and you have the perfect side dish, or main course!

Strawberry Avocado Balsamic Kale Salad

Ingredients:
Makes 1 salad

  • 1/2 bunch fresh kale, stems removed, torn into pieces
  • 3 large strawberries, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 avocado, cut into chunks
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 cup water and toss in the kale. Steam in the water for 5 minutes. Let the kale cool in the fridge for a couple of minutes as you prepare the rest of the produce.

In a bowl, toss the sliced strawberries, the chopped avocado, the olive oil, and the vinegar. Toss in the kale and serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014