If you're like me, well then you love pizza. You're even more like me if you love unique variations of pizza. Sure I will go for a slice of pepperoni, but if there us a fig, prosciutto, and goat cheese variation, then I'm all over it! This Thai chicken pizza us the perfect example of pizza with a twist. Topped with a homemade peanut sauce and fresh veggies, you can't go wrong.
Thai Chicken Pizza
- 1 ball of pizza dough, store bought or homemade
- olive oil for brushing
- 1 shalloy, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. red pper flakes
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 tbsp. chopped peanuts
- 2 tbsp. fresh minced cilantro
- 2 tbsp. fresh minced basil
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. water
- 3 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 1/4 tsp chili paste or sriracha
- 1 garlic clove, mashed into a paste
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil, optional
Whisk all of the peanut sauce ingredients together and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Form the pizza dough into a 12-14 inch round. Lightly brush the perimeter of the pizza dough with olive oil. Spread the peanut sauce in an even layer. Then layer the shallot, zucchini, red pepper flakes, shredded chicken, and cheese.
Transfer the pizza to a lightly floured baking sheet or pizza stone and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
Sprinkle evenly with peanuts, cilantro, and basil before slicing and serving.