- 3/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned or quick oats
- 1 large or 2 small green apples, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup powedered sugar
- 3 tbsp. apple juice (or milk, if you prefer)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar, Mix until creamy. Add in vanilla and eggs and mix thoroughly.
In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Add the flour mixtue in with the butter and sugar mixture slowly. Once combined, fold in the oats and shredded apples. Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
Cook at 375 for 10 minutes, until edges get golden brown. Let them cool at room temperature until completely cooled before you add the glaze.