photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Sunday, July 15, 2012

BBQ Chicken Pizza

It's been a rainy few days here in Phoenix, which means one thing and one thing only... the start of monsoon season, or as the trend has come to be; a flurry of Haboobs. I just like that word, it's so much better than calling it a rainstorm. Haboob. Sorry, now I'm just getting off track. The rain does that to a girl. 


I found myself sitting in bed watching the rain and listening to Mumford & Sons, when BBQ chicken pizza sounded like the most delicious dinner idea ever, but I wasn't about to brave the down pour when I had everything I needed right here in my house. I used my homemade BBQ sauce, some chopped chicken, red onion, mozzarella, and fresh cilantro. A perfect hot pizza for a cold and rainy night.

BBQ Chicken Pizza


Ingredients:

  • 1 pkg. of dough from your grocer's freezer section, thawed (or you could always use a pre-made pizza crust like Boboli)
  • 1 chicken breast, cooked and chopped
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
  • shredded mozzarella cheese
  • fresh cilantro, chopped
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Roll out your dough to create a 1/4 inch thick crust, using flour or corn meal to keep it from sticking to your counter top.

Mix the chicken in with the BBQ sauce (it helps keep the chicken moist), then pour it over the crust. Top with chopped onion and as much or as little cheese as you want.

On a cookie sheet or pizza stone, cook pizza for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Finish it by sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro on top and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014