photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie

I am most definitely a morning person and I love, allow me to repeat myself, LOVE breakfast. If I could puree blueberry pancakes, eggs benedict, a bloody mary, and a yogurt parfait (just some of my favorites) and drink it in a smoothie, well I would. But I'm not sure I could keep all of that down for very long! I've been sick with bronchitis for a couple of days now, and all that I am craving is a nice cold smoothie to coat my throat and lower my fever. I thought that I could share one of my favorite morning smoothies with you, since I can't seem to get out of bed to make it myself. The oatmeal and fresh fruit keeps you full and satisfied and even better lit eaves you with an easy clean up so that you can run out the door without having to worry about a large mess in the kitchen.

Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
(recipe makes 2 smoothies, cut in half for individual portions)

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 1 banana, broken into chunks
  • 14 frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp. honey 
In the blender, process the rolled oats until almost powder-like. Add milk, yogurt, banana, strawberries, blueberries, vanilla, and honey. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014